Thursday, June 28, 2012

Affordable Care Act!

I have been living in United States ever since I was thirteen and within these 6 presidential years, my nation had experienced many ups and downs but personally politics (Democrat and Republican) parties had never once made a single impact on my life. All thanks to the status of the nation as World's number #1 super power. Although, on a larger scale, the vote bank had always been played by middle class vs rich and I'm sure in a past it did made a huge impact on certain sections and I might be just too young to acknowledge it's political affect. Perhaps, the impact is something I have yet to face, challenge, and experience. The responsibility starts getting heavier as I graduate from college in year 2008. Only then I realized every single law that our president pass makes a huge impact on my life. I had learned that from my first ever real job in my adolescence. At that time I was 21, on a rocking and most romantic relationship with the love of my life. Luckily, I found a job right after my registration exam and I was offered and introduced to all these fancy benefits, health insurance, life insurance, 401k, PETA, etc on my first job interview and had to literally negotiate my salary as well.  I had been living at home since 13 and I found all these kind of strange yet, that was it, I had stepped in to the real world of adults, paying my own bills, purchasing my own health and auto insurance was all great learning experience. As step by step I realized the responsibilities and expense of my living. Although my MBA graduate (bf) had several times attempted to teach me how to manage my budget properly yet the expense was out of control. We as an employee, we had to pay almost one thousand dollar per month just for a single coverage health insurance and nobody can do anything to it. That's the best deal my employer can offer as well and nobody can bring any change to it as well. Although, I can't blame our politician for such a matter yet I was fed up with this expensive healthcare for years after years. Today, after all these years the supreme court had upheld the president Obama's Affordable Care Act and it had completely brought a hope to our nation. Nothing matters more then our health and when there's universal insurance policy like that; it proves that the well being of our citizen comes before anything else. A health care policy where everybody is required to have it at some point of time and nobody will get ripped off just by taking care of their needs and misfortune in being unwell. And it also covers any preexistence condition as well, although I've always been healthy. Until then, its getting very very late here and I had long evening at work as well. Now, I'm off to bed. I'll re read and edit it tomorrow morning if there's any errors.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment